Updated September 28
The Accreditation Commission for Audiology Education (“ACAE”) offers the Data Usage and Privacy Statement outlined herein as a guide for both accredited programs and others [“User(s)”] utilizing the Accreditation Commission for Audiology Education Web site (“Site” and “the Site”). Please read all information carefully. By using this Web site, Users agree to be bound by these Terms. If Users accept these Terms, they should periodically review these Terms as the ACAE may revise them from time to time as may be necessary.
Applicability and Eligibility
Collection and use of Personal Information
1. Purpose of collecting and processing the data
We collect and process your data to provide you with the goods or services you have requested or purchased from us, including membership services, events, publications and other content, certification, and training. We use this information to refine our goods and services to better tailor them to your needs and to communicate with you about other services we offer that may assist you in your career or otherwise help you to advance your career. We may also use this information to help us understand our members’ needs and interests to better tailor our products and services to meet your needs.
2. Personal information we collect includes but not limited to
- First, Middle and last name
- Job title
- Email address, Work address
- Work Phone number
- Shipping and billing information, credit or debit card number, card expiration date, CVV code credit card information or other preferred payment means (collectively known as ‘Payment Information’)
- May also collect your personal email address, a personal mailing address, and a mobile phone number.
3. How do we gather your information
The above personally identifiable information may be gathered from
- Our online web portal when you submit a question, comment or complaint, and
- in connection with content submissions and transactional areas.
4. How do we use your information
We host events throughout the year, including trainings (“events”). If you register for one of our events, we will collect your name and contact information, which we will store in our database and use to provide you with information and services associated with the event. If you are a presenter at one of our events, we will collect information about you including your name, employer and contact information, and photograph, and we may also collect information provided by event attendees who evaluated your performance as a presenter. As an attendee, speaker, or sponsor/exhibitor, we will keep a record of your participation to provide you with post-event information including details on upcoming events you may be interested in.
We reserve the right to use any photograph/video taken at our events, without the expressed written permission of those included within the photograph/video. We may use the photograph/video in publications or other media material produced, used or contracted including but not limited to: brochures, invitations, books, newspapers, magazines, television, websites, etc. To ensure the privacy of individuals, images will not be identified using full names or personal identifying information without written approval from the photographed subject.
- Mailing Lists
The ACAE reserves the right to perform statistical analyses of user behavior and characteristics in order to measure interest in and use of the various areas of the site and to inform advertisers of such information as well as the number of users that have been exposed to or clicked on their advertising banners. The ACAE will provide only aggregated data from these analyses to third parties.
- External Websites
In addition to producing original content, the ACAE’s Site also links to web content produced by others. This means a User may find oneself on the ACAE Site where ACAE will offer a link to another organization’s website for additional relevant content. At these times, the User will be leaving our website. ACAE is not responsible or liable for content provided by these third-party websites or personal information they may happen to gather from you.
Information about your fee purchases are maintained in association with your user account. The personal information we collect from you is stored in a database hosted by a third party, Euclid Technologies. Euclid does not use or have access to your personal information for any purpose other than cloud storage and retrieval. Other third-party vendors used by ACAE may store data for the provision of services. These vendors include Higher Logic (Audiology Community), WizeHive (ACAE Accreditation platform).
We do not otherwise reveal your personal data to third-parties for their independent use unless:
- You request or authorize it;
- It’s in connection with any of our events as described above;
- The information is provided to comply with the law (for example, to comply with a search warrant, subpoena or court order), enforce an agreement we have with you, or to protect our rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of our employees or others; (4) the information is provided to our agents, vendors or service providers who perform functions on our behalf; (5) to address emergencies or acts of God; and (6) to address disputes, claims, or to persons demonstrating legal authority to act on your behalf.
We may use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information. Additionally, for systems administration, detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes, our web servers may automatically access information including browser type, access times/open mail, URL requested, and referral URL. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within this Company on a need-to-know basis. Any individually identifiable information related to this data will never be used in any way different to that stated above without your explicit permission.